I'm Sarah Beth Van Alstyne, the photographer behind SBVA Snaps Photography.
Bluebell ice cream lover.
Dallas Stars fan.
Corny joke lover.
And lastly, I am a wife to Matt and mother to our little boys, Bauer and Walt, who are all proof that it is possible to live while your heart walks around outside of your body.
Originally from Amarillo, I've lived in the North Dallas area for most of my adult life. I am a former secondary English teacher and current book aficionado.
If you look around my home, you'll find my camera, lenses, studio, a paintbrush from my last project, Paw Patrol paraphernalia, and stacks of books strewn about the surfaces. On my TV, you'll see me watching a binge-worthy show from an online streaming service when my son isn't watching Peppa Pig or Mickey Mouse.
I am a photographer whose goal is to make you laugh at least once during our session and who isn't afraid to get down in the dirt and weeds for the perfect shot. I'm glad you're seeing me all dressed up in these photos now--because I'll likely be rolling around on the ground with my hair piled on my head during our session.
My goal with photography is to create images that are timeless. Something that you will want to hang on your walls and you will love now and in 30 years.
Let's make memories together, shall we?
• Worldwide winner of Senior Year Magazine's Top 200 Senior Photographers - 2019
• Published in 2019 Senior Muse Icon magazine
• Featured in select Frisco ISD high school sports programs for Senior photography
• Featured on The Senior Best for Senior photography
• Featured on Senior Muse for Senior photography
• Featured on Senior Year Magazine
• Featured on The Twelfth Year
• Featured in Voyage Magazine in July 2017 as a rising business in the DFW area.
• 5 star ratings on Google, Facebook, and Yelp reviews for quality, turn around, and customer service.
• Seen in Expertise.com’s 2018 and 2019 Best Newborn Photographers of Plano